All Articles in this blog were translated from many sources, if you like it feel free to copy any of them

I Cried for My Brother Six Times

Posted by kangrofiq | 6/27/2009 03:46:00 PM | 0 comments »


I was born in a mountain village which is very remote. Day by day, my parents dry yellow land fallow, and their backs facing the sky. I have a brother, three years younger than me.

While on, I stole fifty cents from my father drawer to buy a handkerchief which all the girls have it. My Father soon realize it. He makes me and my brother bow in front of the wall, with a bamboo stick in his hand. "Who stole the money?" He said. I glued, too afraid to speak. Father did not hear anyone say, so he said, "Okay, if so, both of you are eligible beaten!" He was rise the bamboo stick up. Suddenly, my brother catch his hands and said, "Father, I did that!"
Long bamboo stick punch my brother’s back insistently. Father was so angry and he continues to hit him until he runs out of breath. finally, he sat up in bed brick and chide us, "You have learned to steal from the house now, What kind of more shameful things that you will do in the future? ... You feasible beaten to death! You a shame thief! "

That night, me and mother embrace him in hug. His Body was full of wounds, but he does not shed any tears. In the mid-night, Suddenly I began to crying. He close my mouth with his small hands and said, "Sister, do not cry again now. Everything has done. "

I still always hate myself for not having enough courage to confess. For many years later, but the incidence is still visible, such as new yesterday. I will never forget his face when protect me. He was 8 years old and I was 11 years old.
When My Brother are on the last year in junior high school, he accepted to go to high school in the district center. At the same time, I accepted to go to a provincial university. That night, my father in the squat, suck tobacco cigarettes, wrapped in order to wrap. Hear him mutter, "Our children give the very good results ... very good results ..." Mother wipes tears that flows and draw breath, "What's the point? How may we be able to pay for both at the same time? "

At same time, my brother come to my father and said, "Father, I do not want to continue with the school anymore, I have enough to read many books." My father beat and swing hands on his face. "Why do you have a soul so weak? Even if it means I have to beg in the streets, I will send you both you to school until finish!". And so then he was knocked every house in the village to borrow money. I stick my hand as gentle as I can to my brother and said, "A man should forward their schools, otherwise he will never leave this poverty." And I have decided to no longer proceed to university .

Who knows the next day before dawn came, my brother leave home with a few worn-out sheets clothes and a little nuts. Him slink away to side of my bed and leave a paper above my pillow: "Sister, being accepted to university is not easy. I'll go look for work and send you money. " I hold that paper above the bed crying with tears streaming voice to disappear. That year he was 17 and I was 20 years old.

With the money that my father borrowed from the whole village, and the money that sent by my brother from the construction site, I finally get to the third year in university. One day, I was studying in my room, when my roommate came in and told me, "There is a man from village waiting for you out there!" Why is there a man from village looking for me? I walk out, and see my brother from the remote, the whole body is dirty cement dust and sand. I ask, "Why are you did not tell to my roommate that you are my brother?" He replied, smiling, "See how I look. What will they think if they knew I was your brother? How they will not laugh at you? " I feel touched, and tears flow in my eyes. I wipe the dust out from all over his body, and said, "I do not care what people say! However you are my brother! No matter how you looked... "

From his pocket, he issued a butterfly hairpin-shaped. He put it on me, and said, "I see all the girls in the city wear it. So I think you also need to have one. "I can not stay any longer. I hold him and crying. That year, he was 20 and I was 23.
The first time I brought my boy friend to home, broken window glass was replaced, and looks so clean everywhere. After my boyfriend back home, I was dancing a like little girl in front of my mother. "Mom, you do not need to spend much time to clean our house anymore!". But she said while smile, "I did not do that your brother has back home early to clean up this house. Did you see the wounds on his hands? He was injured while installing a new glass that window.. "

I was going into my brother’s small room. See his thin face, I felt a hundred needles stabbed me. I smear a little oil on the wound and banded it. "Is that hurt?" I ask. "No, not hurt. You know, when I worked at the construction site, the stones fell on my feet every time. Even that does not stop me to work and... " he stops his words. I reverse my body, and tears flowed down to my face. That year, my brother was 23. I was 26.

When I got married, I live in the city. Many times my husband and me to invite my parents to come and stay with us, but they did not want to. They said, when leaving the village, they will not know what they have to do. My brother also did not agree, said, "Sister, take a good your mother in law. I will take a good care of our mother and father here. "

My husband is a director of his own factory. We want my brother get a job as a manager in the maintenance department. But He rejected the bid. He started working as a staff in the maintenance department "

One day, my brother on a ladder to repair a cable, when he got electric shock, and entered the hospital. We went to visit him. See the white plaster cast on his leg, I mutter, "Why did you refuse to be a manager? Managers will never have to do something dangerous like this. See you now, so a serious injury. Why do you did not want to hear us? "

With a serious look on his face, he defends his decisions. "Think about your husband that just become a director, and I do not have enough education. If I become a manager what people will say about him? ". My husband just cried to hear it.

I said to him “But you are less education because of me!”
“Why we talk about the past?” while he holds my hand. He was 29 and I was 29.
He was 30 when he married a farmer girl from the village. In his wedding event, the feast of events to ask him, "Who are you most respect and love?" Without even thinking he said, "My Sister." He was told to continue with a back story that I can not even remember. "When I was in elementary school, she is on a different village. We walk for two hours every day to go to school and back home. One day, I lost one of my glove, She gave one of hers. She was only wearing one and walking so far. When we arrived at the house, her hands become so trembling because the weather is so cold until she can not hold chopsticks. Since that day, I swear, as long as I live, I will take a good care of her. " Applauded was all over the room. All guests turned attention to me. I can not say anything, "In my life, the most grateful person is him." And in the most blessed occasion, in front of this wedding celebration, tears streaming down from my eyes such as rivers.




0 comments